Share your Case Studies
Come join our "Learn as you Teach" initiative to democratise healthcare learning by submitting your unique & interesting Case-Studies which will be reviewed by our global medical fraternity as well as an opportunity to be published in leading research journals.
About this Course
- How to follow systematic process for identifying, analyzing and synthesizing scientific evidence.
- How a Clinical Dietitian can assist practitioners and patient decisions about appropriate nutrition care for specific disease states or conditions in typical settings.
- How to use tools for documentation, management and monitoring in the larger goal of improving acumen and decision making in all clinical environments.
- Does Nutrition impact Surgical Outcomes?
- Protocols to be followed in Pre-Operative Nutrition
- Role of Nutrition in "Enhanced Recovery after Surgery"
- Problems & Challenges of Malnutrition in Hospitals
- Solution – Requirement of a “Nutrition Support Team” or “Nutrition Therapy Team”
- Workflow of a Clinical Dietitian
- Screening the patient
- Assessment of Low, Moderate and High Risk
- Prescribing the best Nutrition Therapy for Patient Types “Setting Goals to achieve”
- Disease & Condition specific Nutrition Therapy
- Monitoring the therapy
- Addressing Traditional Approaches and Busting Myths in ICU Nutrition Therapy
- Various Screening methods (Best fit)
- Choosing the right Feed Type(Enteral or Parenteral)
- Importance of Fluid Balance
- Monitoring Protocols
- Adjustments to be made in feed halting scenarios
- Does Nutrition Therapy impact recovery? (Case-story)
- How well-coordinated and focused Nutrition Therapy Team is beneficial for the patient and hospital?
- Creating Nutrition Goals for each Patient?
- Achieving those goals as a Team – what tools can be used for the Dietitian, Physician, Intensivist Surgeon and Nurses “Multi-Disciplinary” Team)
Registered Dietitians, Physicians, Intensivists, Surgeons, Nurses, NUtritionists,
Meet the Instructor
Mrs. Salome Benjamin
Mrs. Benjamin has a vast experience as Clinical Nutritionist and Dietician for over 30 years. She is the Former Chief Medical Nutritionist and Dietician at T.N.M.C. and B.Y.L. Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai. She is currently Chairperson on the IDA RD Board and Vice President of the Association of Diabetes Educators.
Dr. Sanjith Saseedharan M.D.
Dr. Sanjith is presently the Head of Critical Care at Fortis SL Raheja Hospital in Mumbai. He has done his Fellowship in Neurointensive care and Neuroanaesthesia under the guidance of Dr.Charles Weissmann in Israel. He is the Founder of CNP and creator of iNutriMon
Prof (Dr). Ravinder Reddy MS.
Dr. Reddy is Currently a Consultant Gastrointestinal Surgeon at Care Hospital, Hyderabad with special interest in critical illness in the surgical patients, nutrition support in gastrointestinal failure and wound healing.. He also holds the position of Honorary Professor of Clinical Nutrition at the National Institute of Nutrition
Outline of CME:
Nutrition Therapy in Pre and Post Surgery - Professor Dr. B. Ravinder Reddy (15-20 Mins)
Overview & Importance of Evidence-Based Nutrition in a Hospital – Professor Mrs. Salome Benjamin (15 – 20 mins)
Nutrition Therapy in ICU (My Approach)– Dr. Sanjith Saseedharan (15 – 20 mins)