Logistics and its role in revolutionising the MedTech sector in India
As the pandemic took a toll on the world, what do you think was on everyone’s minds? Keeping well and staying safe. While quarantining was one way to go, the pharmaceutical industry sensed a sea change with people prioritizing stocking up their shelves with OTCs, immunity boosters, and other essential medical requirements. With stay-at-home orders in effect, customers switched to buying their medical supplies from online pharmacies. Whether they were long-haul couriers or on-demand platforms, medicine delivery apps became increasingly popular during the COVID-19 crisis.
How Are Online Medicine Delivery Platforms Revolutionizing the Healthcare Industry?
The global online pharmacy market was estimated to be worthUSD 60,430 million in 2020. However, it was projected to witness a drastic growth owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. Lockdowns and travel restrictions, paired with the fear of contracting the SARS-nCoV2 virus have fuelled a surge in the interest in e-pharmacy model businesses. The move to digital telehealthcare and online video-based consultations has been a rather fast one and along with it, the e-pharmacy market is booming.
With the pandemic still raging, the world has warmed up to the idea of integrating technology into every facet of their lives. While the world is inching towards a digital and contactless future, offering medicine delivery through an app can help your business stay competitive in a market dominated by on-demand pharmacy and medicine delivery apps. The importance of maintaining social distance and the emphasis on public health and safety has made us all more conscious of how well we’re able to conform to these guidelines to stay safe. This is why there is a growing demand for online medicine delivery platforms and more pharmacies are switching to digital modes of business every day. Give your pharmacy business the traction it needs to take off by implementing an online medicine delivery system app.
There are various benefits of an online medicine delivery platform
- Customers can choose the products they would like to have delivered and choose to have them delivered immediately or schedule it for a later time when it’s most convenient for them.
- Customers can avail of various discounts, rewards, and other promotions that are unavailable at brick-and-mortar pharmacies.
- Online medicine delivery platforms can help you build a healthy relationship with your customer. You can identify customers and create a profile for them, allowing you to show them products that are most relevant to them.
- Customers choose to shop online to save money and time. The idea of being able to shop for their favorite products from home is appealing to a lot of people. There is an especially large demand for online medicine delivering platforms now due to people stocking up on medicines and other medical essentials that they’re likely to need while staying at home during the pandemic.
- Medical emergencies are rising and online pharmacy platforms are helping people in need get access to medicines they wouldn’t normally find at most physical pharmacies. People recognize the convenience of such accessibility to healthcare and are turning to online medicine delivery apps more than ever before.
India’s online pharmacy market alone is estimated to be worth well over $2.3bn by 2023, as compared to $360 million as of 2020. The scope for growth is exponential and makes room for very lucrative business opportunities. It comes as no surprise that many major institutions are investing heavily in the online pharmacy market. However, you don’t have to be an institutional investor to cash in on the demand for online pharmacies in India. With the help of an online pharmacy app system, you can manage your e-pharmacy and cater to the ever-growing demand for medicines to be delivered to the doorstep.