What you will learn?
- Norms/Strategies for preventive, conservative and therapeutic treatment of kidney diseases.
- Brief discussion to understand and address the metabolic and nutritional challenges of acute kidney injury and chronic kidney disease patients.
- Details on Protein- energy wasting associated with kidney diseases which are important risk factors for increased morbidity and mortality in patients.
- Brief explanation on cost effective screening tools.
- Calculations of weight, macro and micro nutrients based on standard or adjusted standard body weight measures.
- Effects and Problems related specially to malnutrition in relation to protein and how to meet protein requirements.
- Benefits of dietary regime and follow ups pre-dialysis, on the day of dialysis and post dialysis and patients for and after transplant.
- Renal failure- Diagnosis, complications and dietary support.
- Dietary management of potassium and sodium, other vitamins and minerals along with fluid intake.
- Nutritional requirements of CKD patients and protein energy wasting leading to under nutrition and disease progression.
- Obesity and diabetes attack those and most of the renal failure goes away. Apply the” Ek Chamach Kam” principle. Exercise regularly.
- Case studies and example related to screening and assessment at various levels during the discussion.
- The role a nutritionist or a dietitian plays in screening, assessing, follow ups, meal planning and implementing a variety of food choices to help the patients lead a healthy and happy life.
Meet the Instructors
Dr. Arun B. ShahHon. Nephrologists & HOD, Dept. of Nephrology,
Bharatiya Arogya Nidhi Hospital.
Dr. Sunil HonkalasManager,
Medical Affairs & Clinical Research, Clinical Nutrition and Nephrology division.
Dr. Mirey KaravetianAssistant professor of Nutrition,
Live Lecture FAQs
The DocMode platform runs on the following browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer We generally encourage the use of, and fully support only, the latest version.
You only require a working computer/laptop/mobile and a stable internet connection and good audio (internal or external speakers, earphones or headset).
No. It is absolutely free of cost.
Yes, you can access the live lecture at a later date from your dashboard itself if you are enrolled for the same. Even if you haven’t enrolled for it, all live lectures hosted on DocMode.org are available for viewing under the Lectures section of the DocMode homepage.
There is a Question box just below the video player where you can submit any related questions at the time of the live lectures. Answering to the questions solely depends on the doctor/lecturer giving the lecture.
As per our policies with the doctor/lecturer the content used in the live lectures can be viewed only on DocMode.org
Information regarding any upcoming live lectures are put up on the site a week prior and can be found on our site’s homepage under Upcoming Lectures.
As of now DocMode does not offer any credit points for watching the live lectures/on-demand recording.
If you have a suggestion for a live lecture, you can email us at email@example.com with your contact details along with your or speaker’s updated bio and details regarding the lecture with topics you wish to be covered.