THESE TOS ARE ORGANIZED AS FOLLOWS:
- DocMode.org is solely and independently responsible for its own privacy practices. No Member is responsible for DocMode.org’s privacy practices.
- Each Member is solely and independently responsible for its own privacy practices. No Member is responsible for another Member’s privacy practices. Also, DocMode.org is not responsible for any Member’s privacy practices.
- Disclosure Statement
- Information that DocMode.org collects from you (including Personal Information)
- DocMode Advertising policy
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies on the DocMode.org Site
- How your information is used
- How your information is shared
- How to manage your Personal Information
- Storage & Security
- Contact information
a) Disclosure Statement:
As a platform, DocMode generates revenues from learner’s enrollment fees, user subscription fees and sponsorship from Private and Government Healthcare Delivery Organisations, Medico-Marketing Organisations (Diagnostics, Pharmaceutical, Research, Devices etc.) as well as Medical Education Institutions and Health Professional Associations.
As of March 2019 DocMode is self-funded.
b) Disclosure of Content
Content on DocMode is created in collaboration with the learners, individual speakers, associations or universities and who are offering the content to DocMode for an agreed period of time where DocMode is not liable for the source of the content material or the narration, views and opinions expressed by the individual or views and ideas of the organisations/groups/associations they represent. DocMode does not involve, support or influence the content narrative, agenda, biases or views with which the content holds or is created.
INFORMATION THAT DocMode.org COLLECTS FROM YOU (INCLUDING PERSONAL INFORMATION)
DocMode.org directly collects information when you:
- sign up for an DocMode.org user account and create an DocMode.org user profile;
- enroll and participate in online courses;
- purchase a product or service (for example, Verified Certificates);
- send email messages to DocMode.org (including messages to learner support);
- participate in user surveys;
- participate in public forums, webinars, and other interactive experiences on the DocMode.org Site.
Use for Personalization and Pedagogical Improvements.
DocMode.org also indirectly collects usage information about your visit to the DocMode.org Site, as explained in the section below titled Cookies and Tracking Technologies.
DocMode.org does not itself collect or store financial account numbers or identification issued by a governmental entity, employer, or other authority. Instead, if you choose to make a purchase on the DocMode.org Site, for example a Verified Certificate, you will be directed to DocMode.org’s third-party payment processor and DocMode.org’s third-party ID verification service provider. If you do not wish to submit the required authentication or payment information, then you will not be able to obtain a certificate via the DocMode.org Site.
DocMode.org requires your Personal Information only in limited circumstances when you:
- sign up for an DocMode.org user account (name, username, email address);
- purchase a Verified Certificate (so that DocMode.org’s third-party vendor can authenticate your identity) or other product or service (so that DocMode.org’s third-party vendor can process payment);
- participate in remote proctoring or other course facilitation processes (so that DocMode.org’s third-party vendor can monitor and assess the integrity of your course activity); or
- earn a Verified Certificate (the certificate will have your name on it)
To the extent that DocMode.org associates the information that DocMode.org collects directly or indirectly with an individual (for example, you), the association is based on Personal Information in your account profile.
You may voluntarily choose to share additional Personal Information on the DocMode.org Site, for example:
- in your DocMode.org account profile (and you may display a limited or full profile to other DocMode.org Site users);
- in applying for financial assistance; or
- when participating in a course, forum, webinar, or other interactive experience on the DocMode.org Site (noting that in some cases, this information is shared with a third party that provides tools or other assistance for the DocMode.org Site or a course)
DocMode.org encourages you to use discretion before voluntarily sharing additional Personal Information on the DocMode.org Site. (If you later choose to delete your DocMode.org account, deletion of your Personal Information will be subject to the process and limits outlined below.)
Members do not receive your Personal Information unless and until you enroll in a course. If you enroll in a course, the Member that offers the course will receive Personal Information from your DocMode.org account profile plus the information that DocMode.org collects about your activity and performance in the course in which you enrolled.
DocMode Advertising policy:
DocMode accepts advertising on the DocMode Network from third parties (“Advertisers”), which may include third party banners, badges, contextual advertising and content created or provided by an Advertiser (collectively referred to as “Advertisements” or “Advertising”). In addition, as used in this policy, the terms “Advertising” and “Advertisements” include third party banners, modules, links, microsites, native advertisements and other content provided by or on behalf of Advertisers. The Advertiser is responsible for the accuracy and objectivity of their Advertising. The following guidelines have been established by DocMode to govern various aspects of Advertising on properties within the DocMode Network (each a “DocMode Property”), which include websites and mobile applications directed to consumers, which we refer to in this Policy as the “DocMode Consumer Properties”, and websites and mobile applications directed to healthcare professionals, which we refer to as the DocMode Professional Properties.
The guidelines in this policy govern issues like acceptance of Advertisements by DocMode, how Advertisements are displayed on the DocMode Network, and the removal of Advertisements from the DocMode Network. DocMode has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising on the DocMode Network. DocMode may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised policy to the applicable DocMode Property.
- DocMode has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed on the DocMode Network, and under no circumstances will DocMode’s acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that advertises, manufactures, distributes, or promotes the products or services.
There are certain categories of Advertisements that DocMode will not knowingly permit on the DocMode Network at any time. These categories include but are not limited to the following:
- Illegal, ‘objectionable’, ‘ineffective’ and/or ‘dangerous’ products (DocMode reserves the right to determine what is ‘objectionable’, ‘ineffective’ and/or ‘dangerous’)
- fraudulent, deceptive, illicit, misleading or offensive material
- material that misrepresents, ridicules, discriminates (real or implied) or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other status deemed inappropriate for the DocMode Network
- weapons, firearms, ammunition, or fireworks
- pornography or related themes
- tobacco use of any kind
- the simulation of news or an emergency
- material that directly advertises products to or is intended to attract children under the age of 13
- media or messages for or that reference “M” rated video games or content
- unreasonable, unlikely or extraordinary product or service claims
- media messages or imagery that strobe or flash
- media or messages that contain unsubstantiated “miracle” weight loss or other exaggerated claims of cure
- advertising units that mimic computer functions or deceptively indicate a computer or other function that would be reasonable to the average user to assume as a reason to click the unit
- DocMode recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between Advertising and DocMode’s editorial content. All Advertising on the DocMode Network will be clearly and unambiguously identified. DocMode will not allow any Advertising on the DocMode Network that is not identified with the label of “Advertisement”, “From Our Advertiser”, “Information From Industry” or a similar designation indicating that the Advertising is being provided by or on behalf of an Advertiser.
- A click on an Advertisement may only link the end user to the Advertiser’s site or to relevant sponsored content area on a DocMode Property.
- DocMode retains the exclusive right to determine how any and all search results for specific information by keyword or topic are displayed on a DocMode Property based on DocMode delivered search results. Content listed in search results is displayed with its source, e.g., “DocMode News” or “Journal Article.” If Advertising appears in the search results, it is labeled as such. In addition, DocMode provides a separate area on the search results page of certain DocMode Consumer Properties which only display Advertising.
- DocMode reserves the right to decide at any time in its sole discretion whether it will accept, reject, cancel, or remove Advertising from the DocMode Network. DocMode cannot provide any assurance that Advertisements will perform without error on all platforms, including websites and mobile applications
- It is the Advertiser’s responsibility to comply with all domestic and foreign laws and regulations applicable to its Advertising within the DocMode Network (and to include all legally required legends, disclosures and statements in such Advertising), including without limitation the current FDA guidelines for Direct to Physician (DTP) and Direct to Consumer (DTC) advertising. DocMode will not monitor compliance with such laws and regulations. However, DocMode reserves the right to review all Advertising for compliance with applicable laws and regulations and, if DocMode becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, DocMode may remove the Advertising from the DocMode Network.
- No Advertising on the DocMode Network shall include any pixels, tags, flash containers or any other type of information collection software code (any such pixel, tag, code or device a “Pixel”) or shall place any beacons, cookies or other information collection devices on the browsers of users of the DocMode Network unless expressly approved in writing by DocMode. If DocMode approves the inclusion of a Pixel in an Advertisement, then unless and only to the extent that such approval contains an express exception, (i) Advertiser may not use such Pixel to collect any personally-identifiable information (PII) with respect to any DocMode user, (ii) no such Pixel can be flash or object based, (iii) the Pixel can be blocked and any cookie placed can be deleted by user browser settings, (iv) Advertiser will not link any non-PII that it collects to any PII that it may have from any other source and (v) Advertiser will not update any existing profile or create any profile in its database based on any data collected on the DocMode site, including the fact that someone is a DocMode user or any information derived from the information in the referring URL.