- Language : English
- Type : Course
- Start On : May 1, 2022
- End On : Aug 5, 2023
About this Course
Critical care is an important and growing specialty and moreover the burden on these units is increasing nowadays. It thus becomes important to manage them effectively. The course is fabricated such that it imparts the knowledge and skills needed to provide critical care to patients for Acute Coronary Syndrome, Deep Vein Thrombosis and Pneumonia. This course exclusively focuses on important clinical conditions encountered by Intensivists and is brought by elite key opinion leaders together on this optimal forum to address the complex issues and different challenges encountered in its management and aims to provide appropriate solutions to effective care. The 3-module comprehensive program is explained in an accessible manner with a syllabus encompassing relevant aspects in the topics and put forth the best solutions to help in a better decision making.
Objective of the Course
• To become competent enough in dealing with these patients and provide the care in the best interest of the patients
• To acquire knowledge of the theoretical basis of the critical care topics discussed in the course including current management options, latest recommendations, and appropriate therapeutic strategies
• To acquire appropriate skills, attitude & practical approach for optimal, ethical, patient-oriented practice of critical care medicine
• To evaluate and discuss the management based on an evidence-based perspective
Need of the Course
• To summarise on the current management protocols in topics of critical caremedicinelike Acutecoronary syndrome, Deep vein thromboembolism and Pneumonia
• To gain practical knowledge about deep vein thrombosis, it's prophylaxis and understand the pharmacological role of Enoxaparin in DVT
• To evaluate differences in UFH and LMWH in ACS and DVT management
• To update on latest guideline recommendations for ACS and DVT
• To study recent updates on Hospital and ventilator acquired pneumonia, risk factors, screening, prevention and the therapeutic strategies
• To gain confidence in treating this patient by choosing right treatment strategies
• Be able to apply the principles for better outcomes
Meet the Faculty
DR. RAHUL PANDITMD, FCICM, FJFICM, EDIC, FCCP, FICCM, DA
Dr. Rahul Pandit is the Director with of Critical Care, Fortis Hospitals, Mumbai. He works as Senior Intensive Care Consultant with over two decades of experience. Having a prestigious Fellowship of Joint Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine, Australia, Dr. Rahul Pandit plays the lead role in setting up ICU policies, protocols, and patient care algorithms. He has also completed the European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine (EDIC).
DR. SURESH RAMASUBBANMBBS, FACP, FCCP, AB-pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Suresh Ramsubban is a Consultant in Critical Care Medicine at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata. He has vast experience of 21 years as a Critical Care Specialists. His Area of Expertise are ARDS, Mechanical Ventilation and Sepsis.
DR. ARINDAM KARMD, DNB, FNB, EDICM, FCCP, FICCM, FCCM
Dr. Arindam Kar is Chief Intensivist at Sir H. N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre. In his rich experience spanning 21 years in Critical care Medicine, Dr. Kar has served in various capacities at reputed institutes. He had been Director of Critical Care Services in CK BIRLA Group of Hospitals & Medica Super specialty Hospitals, Kolkata. Dr. Kar is the present National General Secretary Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine since 2020.
View Syllabus1 - ACS Management: Role of LMWH
2 - DVT Prophylaxis: Enoxaparin perspective
3 - Recent updates in Pneumonia: HAP and VAP
General Phyisicians and Intensivists.
We acknowledge the educational grant received by Cipla for the creation of this Internet Enduring activity.
Certification of Participation
Provided by: Indian Society Of Critical Care Medicine (ISCCM)
Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Internet Explorer
We generally encourage the use of, and fully support only, the latest version.